fbpx

dash new Forums Youth Coaching Using 3 Out Method due to Personnel

• Using 3 Out Method due to Personnel

Posted by Steve Richberg on November 28, 2018 at 7:14 am

Good morning Coaches!

As usual I am working every practice on developing all of my players skills. But there are obviously 3 players that are head and shoulders above the rest. I need to utilize their skill sets better for the team as a whole to be more efficient.

I have started adding a permanent nail and flank for the other players that need better perimeter skills. This is a temporary plan as we are working on their skills every practice to get better on the perimeter. This worked occasionaly during the games but found that it got clogged in the middle with the cutting action after the passing. Thoughts on how to get better spacing with the nail and flank action that are permanent?

Also, for the coaches that utilize a 3 out method. What are the best actions used to get those players more involved? Do you use the Pump system or rotate from nail to flank action in the corner? Thanks!

Steve

Steve Richberg replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Coach Rick

November 28, 2018 at 12:55 pm

I’m having a webinar on Thursday Nov 29, 2018 at 9:00 ET on “How to move your Star to a Superstar in the Read & React”. Join me – you might find something helpful for your situation.

• Bnong

November 29, 2018 at 2:10 pm

There is a 3 out formation called 3 Chop, I was curious if there was more film on it as well. It’s an opposite problem I’m having. I have a couple of kids that I have to get the ball out of their hands more.

• Steve Richberg

November 29, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Rick,

I will be joining that webinar tonight. Thank you!

Bnong,

You are right there is not a lot of film on this type of action. I have watched the 3 chop method and I actually practiced that last night. The boys seemed to grasp it really well but wanted to know if there are other options as well.
    I am sure I will see some other options on the Webinar tonight.

Thanks!