fbpx

GET action

• Hector Cueva

April 16, 2022 at 6:29 pm

I think it would be a great action to incorporate into the R&R. Rick has stated that all basketball actions are available in the R&R, as long as someone is cutting to the basket, in this case the player handing the ball off or even the player receiving the handoff. This could trigger circle movement if done correctly meaning attacking off the dribble. Try it out and let us know what you find.

• Coach Rick

Organizer
    April 17, 2022 at 9:53 pm

We already have it in the Read & React. It’s called a Laker Cut. Layer 2 Rule: “Whenever you feed the post, you must cut to the basket around the post.” Where you GET the ball (a jumper using the post as a screen, or a lay-up) is entirely up to the cutter, the post player, the location, and the defense. By the way, Hector is right: If the cutter takes the hand-off and drives, it will initiate Circle Movement Layer 4. Good stuff!

• jwneyers

November 19, 2022 at 9:41 am

I was actually thinking of actions above the 3pt line: from a guard to a big above the 3pt line and then the guard goes and gets it back again from the big. How would you think of that working?

• Hector Cueva

November 23, 2022 at 12:32 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this what you are referring to when you talk about the “Get” action?

• Hector Cueva

November 24, 2022 at 3:04 pm

Here is the link: https://slappinglass.substack.com/p/get-action-a-primer. Let me know what you think.