fbpx

dash new Forums Fusion Practice System Teaching the R&R and combining with Fusion

• Teaching the R&R and combining with Fusion

Posted by Bob C on May 2, 2019 at 11:51 am

I absolutely love the Fusion practice concept but I have a question. Would you start this at the very first practice or would you attempt to install the layers first and have the players practice the 3 man drills etc before trying to go directly to the rehearsals. I coach middle school girls and we ran the R&R for the first time this year and will have about 5 or 6 girls coming back. I know that I could start off with fusion practices for those girls but I worry a little about the frustration of the new girls to the team who will have to learn the R&R. Any thoughts, tips or advice?

Bob C replied 4 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Coach Rick

May 6, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Hey Bob! Good to hear from you and I’m glad you like the Fusion method. In the very beginning, I would probably begin the first part of practice with some 3 player drills that reflect the rehearsals that you’re going to do in Fusion. But I would follow the drills with Fusion immediately. If you can’t get the rehearsal that you need, stop and do some more drills and then go back to Fusion.

• Bob C

May 6, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Thanks Rick looking forward to applying Fusion this year