fbpx

dash new Forums Zone Attack FUSION practice combined with Zone Attack

• FUSION practice combined with Zone Attack

Posted by facbasket on October 28, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I’ve just run my first FUSION practice and it went about as well as one might expect for something new to me and new to the team. Does the course also address/demonstrate FUSION with a zone in front of the offense, rather than one-on-one? Has anyone worked on these together? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Kevin SCOTT

Bob C replied 4 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Coach Rick

October 29, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Kevin – I used Fusion in a Zone-Attack-only practice with Emmanuel College Women’s team. I created my own Zone rehearsals on the fly and it worked like a charm. Here are some of the rehearsals:

1. Pass, Cut, and try to score with NailEm or FlankEm. We kept moving the ball from side to side until we could pass to a Nail or Flank.
    2. Start the possession with double Baby Pins and let the point choose which side to skip to. I trained them to flow into the Nail & Flank.
    3. Pass, Cut, and fill the Nail & Flank. Then set an immediate Cross-Key or Classic Pin screen. Skip and flow into Nail & Flank.

We tried all of the defensive modes, but Coach Bona and I liked the two ball dribble mode the best. The offense began to see each other better.

• facbasket

November 3, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. A few more practices with one-on-one and I’ll move to Zone Attack. But no videos with the Emmanuel college team?

Regards,
    Kevin SCOTT

P.S. You’re killing me with these Webinars. I have to choose between them and sleep (2 am my time) 🙂

• MDhoops

November 14, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Thanks, I would love more info on practicing Fusion with the zone offense.

I’ve started to run the zone offense against both man and zone as practice time is limited and we make very few threes. Our best action by far has come from the short corner with the nail em or flank em, and we get an additional cutter that works well against man too.

Also, have you used Fusion for beating full court pressure, and what would you recommend? Do you have a “favorite” press break for youth teams that works but doesn’t introduce a lot of complexity? I’d like to have an efficient strategy for press break that I can get through in 10-15 minutes so we can spend the majority of our practice time on Fusion and about a half hour on skills. We are limited to an hour and a half two times a week if we’re lucky. I mapped out our practice schedule this year, and it’s only 18 total practices for 5th grade boys team and 7th grade girls.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• facbasket

August 15, 2019 at 8:26 am

Now that I’m about to start the new season, the same old question comes up: how to start introducing the Read&React for the newbies while keeping it fresh for returning players? Any suggestions? I think that the Fusion practice may be a bit too much this early, but I’m open to suggestions.

Regards,
    Kevin SCOTT

• Bob C

August 19, 2019 at 8:55 am

Last year we introduced read and react to our Middle School Boys and Girls Teams. I am excited about incorporating fusion into our program. I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on how you plan to do this with your newbies and returnees.