fbpx

dash new Forums Youth Coaching 3v3 Leagues

Tagged: ,

• 3v3 Leagues

Posted by Eric on February 27, 2022 at 7:00 am

I’m new to R&R and just finished a 5v5 season. We’re about to go into 3v3. Can R&R system still be used? I was thinking I’d do it as a 3 Out 0 In, which could change into 2 Out 1 In when a cutter posts up, and even a 1 out 2 in. What’s recommended?

Eric replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Coach Rick

February 27, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Read & React will work 3vs3. In the library you’ll find 64 three-player drills that teach the Read & React Offense. These will be perfect for your 3vs3 league.
    Rick

• Eric

February 28, 2022 at 10:54 am

thx!

• Eric

March 9, 2022 at 9:03 pm

Rick, after reviewing the Read & React: 3-player drills, I realized that these are simply drills for 3 players. What I’m asking about is the STRATEGY for 3X3 basketball games…where 3 players compete against another team of 3 players. The shots outside the arc are worth 2 points, shots scored within the arc are worth 1 point. They have to pass it in from the mid-court circle to start a possession after an opponent’s score. Should I just set it up like a 3 out 0 or 2 out 1 in read&react motion offense, or would there be any suggested modifications for the 3×3 game? // I’d probably want to see drills that are 6-player drills featuring 3 on 3.