fbpx

dash new Forums Fusion Practice System 1st day Thoughts

• 1st day Thoughts

Posted by Eric Quine on November 12, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Hey coaches, I went thru my first practice tonight using the fusion system. At first the girls were looking very confused and didn’t know what was going on! By the end I saw a lot of good movements, and actions. Do not get discouraged if your first couple practices seem like complete chaos. It might be chaos but you are working their communication, defense, cutting, conditioning, counters to defenses, and learning. One main thing I tried to emphasize was when you cut do not come back to the same side to fill out. It seemed to help create draft drives and real estate. I was very satisfied with the fusion system and will continue to build our team with fusion! I cannot wait until tomorrows practice!

Feel free to share your first week thoughts for us all!

Coach Quine

Nohea Pangkee replied 5 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Nohea Pangkee

November 13, 2018 at 10:24 am

Had my first day of tryouts yesterday. Used Fusion to look at individuals D and O abilities and understanding. It quickly becomes evident who knows what is going on and who is confused (usually the ones not communicating). I really like how you can say “go” and it mostly runs itself, allowing you to observe.

How do you all go about deciding what to tell them to do for the “player development shot”? I usually have been making it up on the fly..