fbpx

dash new Forums Zone Attack 1-1-3 and skip question

• 1-1-3 and skip question

Posted by Grant on May 17, 2019 at 9:05 am

1. We have seen a lot of the “1-1-3″ style zone” recently which when passed to the wing turns into a 2-3 like most other zones. Do you have any suggestions of things that work best with this type of zone?
    2. Also, I’m just getting going on the videos but I wondered why you have the person who throws a skip pass in a zone cut to the nail? From what I can remember in the man to man read and react a person who throws a skip pass does not have to cut. I think I would prefer to keep that consistent and I also think that after a skip against a zone that it would be best to X the bigs or just keep them in the nail/flank spots they were in prior to the skip pass.
    thoughts?

Coach Rick replied 4 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Coach Ralph

May 18, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Grant:
    Please describe your zone formation and actions taken when the ball is passed around the perimeter. Also, is your lower post threat in the SC or mid post?

• Grant

May 20, 2019 at 6:02 am

The defense is in a 1-1-3, we would be running the read and react against a zone. I was wondering if there were any tweaks or particular aspects of the read and react that people noticed worked well against this type of zone defense.

• Coach Rick

May 21, 2019 at 7:07 am

The answers to your questions are in ZONE ATTACK. Ultimately, against zones, you have to teach what you know and attack the zone with what you know.